Greta’s practice spans all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment litigation, equal opportunity and discrimination, termination of employment, enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes, workplace investigations and regulatory support. Greta assists clients in a broad range of sectors, including large-scale retail, aviation, manufacturing, public transport, government, mining and infrastructure. She provides support and advice to major Australian and international corporations and not-for-profit organisations, to assist in understanding their legal obligations and navigating the employment and industrial relations landscape.
Greta has experience assisting clients on a range of litigious, advisory and transactional matters. She has advised on complex issues arising in all aspects of the employment relationship, and has extensive litigation experience.
Greta has previously advised on compliance with industrial instruments and legislation, general protections claims, termination of employment, industrial disputes, workplace investigations, workplace health and safety issues, and has a broad knowledge of enterprise bargaining in Australia through advising clients and assisting with drafting of the HSF Bargaining Guide.
Greta is also regularly involved in the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and various innovation and technology initiatives at Herbert Smith Freehills.
Greta’s recent experience includes:
- advising clients on the implementation of employment rights and conditions under enterprise agreements, modern awards, contracts of employment, the Fair Work Act and other legislation
- reviewing enterprise agreements and contracts of employment for compliance with the Fair Work Act and modern awards, and assisting clients in obtaining approval of their enterprise agreements from the FWC
- advising clients in preparation for litigation in the Fair Work Commission, Federal Court of Australia and Supreme Court of Victoria
- advising on the drafting and implementation of various employment and contractor agreements
- reviewing the conduct of workplace investigations and advising on the production of investigation reports
Greta holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor Arts (with Distinction) from Deakin University, and was the recipient of the Deakin University Dean’s Merit Award. Greta is admitted to practice as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria.