Graeme is a specialist advocate with experience in all aspects of real estate dispute resolution. He appears regularly as an advocate in the High Court, County Court and Tribunals, both led and unled, having spent several years on secondment to our in-house advocacy unit. Graeme is also a member of our specialist business rating team and has acted for a number of major clients and rating agents in disputed business rates.
Graeme is listed as a key lawyer in the Legal 500 2023, noted for his expertise in landlord and tenant issues, contractual disputes, rent review, landlord consents and business lease renewals.
Graeme has acted on a wide range of matters in both an advisory role and as a trial lawyer, including commercial landlord and tenant, professional negligence, land options, rent review, fraud and economic torts. His landlord and tenant experience includes advice and Court proceedings on challenging conditional break notices, tenant insolvency and winding-up petitions, rent review, construction of lease terms, conditionality, dilapidations and 1954 Act lease renewals. As well as Graeme's landlord and tenant experience, he has also acted to recover possession of commercial buildings from squatters.
Graeme is acting on one of the largest pieces of litigation in the UK, being a follow-on damages claim against truck manufacturers following a decision from the EC Competition Commission.
Graeme's experience includes:
- acting for a major bank in securing a mortgage repossession order against a high-value property
- acting for a landowning estate on a disputed option agreement, involving three separate high-value expert determinations
- advising on one of the highest value rent reviews to take place in 2021 on a major new development in Central London
- acting for a private equity fund on an ICC arbitration on the fraudulent sale of a series of mines in Turkey
- acting for insurers defending a professional negligence claim against solicitors in the High Court and Court of Appeal (Bacciottini and Cook v Gotelee  4 WLR 98).