Before joining the firm as a junior associate, he completed a 12 months full-time internship as a trainee lawyer in the Madrid office and worked as a legal trainee for another 12 month in the Brussels office.
Gonzalo's experience includes advising:
- assistance in the analysis of relevant jurisdiction and market shares in the context of two merger cases in the ridesharing market
- assistance in the litigation process of an anti-competitive agreement in the retail sale of sports equipment sector
- research of precedents to determine the definition of the relevant markets in the context of a merger control case in the French telecommunications sector
- assistance in a merger control case in several jurisdictions involving one of the biggest aircraft leasing operator
- assistance in the submission of responsive business documents of a global client in an investigation of abuse of dominant position conducted by the European Commission.
Gonzalo holds a double degree in Law and Business Administration awarded by the University of Icade (Comillas) which he partially studied at Bentley University (Boston) and Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
He also holds a Master’s Degree in Legal Practice awarded by the University Carlos III of Madrid.
In addition to Spanish and French as his native languages, Gonzalo is fluent in English.