Georgia has experience working on complex commercial disputes and class actions. Georgia has acted for companies, directors, government and other institutions across a range of sectors such as banking, other financial institutions and consumer.
Georgia’s experience includes advising:
- a major Australian bank in defending Federal Court of Australia proceedings arising out of an ASIC investigation
- a major Australian bank in relation to an ASIC investigation following the Royal Commission
- a large multinational company in relation to an ACCC investigation into cartel conduct
- a lending company in defending a class action alleging, amongst other things, misleading and deceptive conduct
- a liquidator in various proceedings commenced to collect and realise the company’s assets
- a multinational company in defending a shareholders class action
Georgia holds a Bachelor of Laws majoring in Criminology from Macquarie University. Having commenced her career in Sydney, Georgia is admitted in New South Wales (though she holds a Victorian practising certificate) and the High Court of Australia.