George focuses on corporate and securities law matters and regularly acts for investment banks and corporate clients on Rule 144A, Regulation S and SEC registered equity and debt offerings, including initial public offerings (IPOs), share placings, secondary offerings, investment-grade and high-yield bonds, convertible and exchangeable bonds and medium-term note programmes.
George has extensive experience advising a wide range of issuers and underwriters in various industries, including healthcare, education, TMT, energy, financial services and real estate.
George's experience includes advising:
- Morgan Stanley, CICC and the underwriters on the HK$3.57 billion (US$460.6 million) global offering and the listing of Simcere Pharmaceutical Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Credit Suisse, BofA Securities, UBS and the underwriters on the HK$10.13 billion (US$1.31 billion) SEC registered global offering and the secondary listing of New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc. on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- CICC, Citibank, Credit Suisse and the underwriters on the HK$3.08 billion (US$394 million) global offering and the listing of Shanghai Junshi Biosciences Co., Ltd. on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation on its US$1 billion zero coupon exchangeable bonds due 2025 exchangeable into ordinary shares of Postal Savings Bank of China Co., Ltd.
- Maoye International Holdings Limited on its US$150 million 13.25% high yield bonds and its follow-on offering of US$100 million 13.25% high yield bonds.
George is New York qualified and he graduated from Fudan University in China and Georgetown University Law Center in the U.S.
George is fluent in English and Cantonese and he is a native Mandarin speaker.