Geoffroy has over 11 years' experience in funds, asset management corporate and regulatory matters and has been based in the Middle East since 2012. He advises some of the world's leading financial institutions and asset management firms on the structuring and formation of a wide range of Shari’ah-compliant and conventional investment funds, including private equity funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, hedge funds and retail/public funds.
His practice focuses on DIFC (DFSA), UAE, QFC, Bahraini, offshore and European structures (regulated and unregulated), including hybrids. Geoffroy also has extensive knowledge of the corporate and regulatory structuring and establishment of asset management and advisory businesses as well as carried interest arrangements.
He is fluent in English, French, Dutch and German.
Geoffroy is recognised as a 'key name' for investment funds by Legal 500 EMEA in 2016 and 2017, in particular for addressing the growing demand for European/Luxembourg funds in the region.
Geoffroy's experience includes:
- Mizuho Bank on the establishment of the Gulf Japan Food Fund, a food and agri-business private equity fund fostering intergovernmental ties in order to address food security concerns in the GCC Region, with an intended size of US$400M and including the setup of a DFSA regulated fund manager in the DIFC
- Arqaam Capital on the establishment of Arqaam Islamic Funds (OEIC) Limited, a Shari'ah-compliant fixed income open-ended public (retail) fund incorporated in the DIFC and regulated by the DFSA with intended AuM of USD 300M
- Gulf Capital on the setting up of a real estate partnership for the development, management and operation of Sowwah Central, an over 200,000 sqm gross floor area signature retail and dining concept on Sowwah Island in Abu Dhabi with a total financing of approximately US$1billion
- Rasmala on the on the setting up of a Shari’ah-compliant sale and lease-back warehousing real estate fund in respect of properties in Dubai Investments Park (600,000 square feet) raising USD 100 million
- Mashreq Capital on the establishment of a DIFC qualified investors fund (QIF) to invest in real estate in the GCC, established as a GP-LP, in a joint venture with Arady (Izdihar Fund)
Law Degree 2005
Master in Management from LSM 2006
Degree in Arabic and Islamic Sciences 2009