- advising a prominent public sector employer on a proposal to dismiss a senior employee for sending harassing communications, where the employee had already made five Employment Tribunal claims against his employer
- advising a University in respect of an equal pay claim brought by a group of six (female) employees complaining that they were paid less than comparator (male) employees who were undertaking similar work
- acting for a Royal College in conducting a sensitive investigation into a grievance alleging bullying and harassment committed by a senior employee
- advising an employers' association in respect of industrial action, including balloting provisions, identifying participants in the action, and dealing with pay deductions
- delivering training to an employer's HR team on compliance with gender pay gap reporting obligations
Geoffrey has undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in law from Oxford University. Before qualifying as a solicitor he worked as a Lecturer in Law at the University of Southampton, during which time he undertook research for the UK government on comparative racial discrimination law.