Geng advises on investigations and compliance issues arising under various regulatory regimes including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering laws, US sanctions, securities regulation and competition law. She advises clients on the conduct of internal investigations, responding to regulatory investigations, and the design and implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
Geng also gives regulatory advice in connection with corporate transactions, including capital market, M&A, oil and gas and finance transactions. She conducts pre-transaction due diligence and advices on contractual terms to mitigate regulatory risks.
Geng has extensive experience advising numerous organisations on various aspects of US sanctions regimes against countries such as Iran, Myanmar, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Ukraine and Russia.
Her clients include leading multinational and regional corporations, state-owned companies, funds and financial institutions.
Geng worked at the firm's Hong Kong office. Geng is a native speaker of Mandarin.
Geng's experience includes advising:
- a US multi-national bank on an internal investigation of its alleged improper hiring practices in Asia in violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the United Kingdom Bribery Act, and the Hong Kong Prevention of Bribery Ordinance
- a leading European automobile company on several internal investigations of alleged corruption, fraud and violations of internal policies
- a leading British consumer product company on a review of alleged corruption and fraud issues
- Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company Limited on US sanctions issues (in the aspect of Iran, Syria, Myanmar, Sudan, Libya, Ukraine and Russia) in relation to its reorganization, including multiple rounds of communications with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, advice on sanctions compliance program establishment and training to the senior management
- a leading US management consulting company on an internal investigation of alleged violations of internal policies by senior managers in India;
Geng is admitted as an attorney in New York (2012). Geng earned her JD, cum laude, from New York University School of Law in 2011. Prior to attending law school, Geng attended Tsinghua University, Beijing, from which she received a BS in Chemistry. She also received her MSc in Analytical Chemistry from University of Toronto.