Gavin represents and advises corporate clients in relation to complex commercial disputes, class actions and regulatory investigations. He has represented domestic and international clients in federal and state courts, royal commissions and in international arbitrations.
Gavin’s experience includes:
- acting for a global chemical company and pesticide manufacturer in respect of a class action regarding the safety of a household-name pesticide
- acting for the largest aged care provider in Australia in respect of the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- acting for a ‘Big 4’ bank in relation to regulatory investigations by ASIC
- acting for the dam operators in relation to defending a class action related to the Brisbane River flooding in January 2011
- acting for the Government agencies in relation to the Black Saturday bushfires in 2009
- significant-term secondments to BHP and Lendlease in-house legal teams
- acting for an ASX listed construction company in a $400 million dispute regarding the construction of a coal export terminal in Central Queensland
- acting for a global fortune 500 company in relation to a contract dispute with the provider of shipping services in Australia and Singapore
- acting for an international construction company in a $500 million Singapore-seated arbitration regarding the construction of mining support infrastructure in Western Australia
- acting for an international construction company in a $150 million dispute regarding an EPC contract for a LNG desalinisation plant in Central Queensland
Gavin holds a Juris Doctor (Honours) from Bond University and a Bachelor of Commerce from McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
Gavin was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2009.