Gary is a senior associate in our disputes practice.
Gary has experience of working with clients on a broad range of commercial disputes, encompassing litigation, arbitration, mediation, settlement negotiations and advisory work. This includes advising on complex contractual disputes, partnership and LLP disputes, economic torts, fraud and conspiracy, freezing injunctions and disclosure orders, and jurisdiction and choice of law issues.
Gary studied law at the University of Cambridge, Downing College. He was admitted as a solicitor in September 2014 and has been a solicitor advocate since August 2016.
Experience & expertise
- a leading cryptocurrency exchange in relation to various contentious matters, including freezing injunctions and disclosure orders
- a payments technology company in relation to various claims arising out of its multi-million acquisition of an Irish company
- a payments technology company in relation to a contractual dispute with one of its customers, including proceedings for declaratory relief in the English High Court
- a prime brokerage in relation to its defence of claims brought by one of its clients in the English High Court in relation to alleged breaches of contract
- a private equity firm in relation to various breach of warranty claims pursuant to share purchase agreements, including proceedings in the English High Court against insurers under a warranty and indemnity insurance policy
- an asset management firm in relation to ad hoc arbitration proceedings against one of its co-founders for breach of fiduciary duty and related High Court proceedings against former employees and a third-party marketer for conspiracy and theft of confidential information
- an investment bank in relation to claims against former employees for repayment of bonuses and claims against their new employer for inducing breach of contract, including successfully defending a challenge to the jurisdiction of the English High Court
- a leading insurance broker in relation to various high-profile team moves to competitor brokers.