Gareth has over 12 years' experience in a wide range of commercial disputes of varying size and complexity, including High Court litigation and offshore jurisdictions (including BVI, Cayman Islands, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and Bermuda), as well as arbitrations.
He has acted for a wide variety of international clients, from major companies to high net worth individuals and has a particular interest in commercial contract disputes, fraud cases, shareholder disputes and disputes involving injunctive relief.
Gareth is also actively involved in HSF's pro bono activities and is the co-ordinator of Whitechapel Legal Advice Clinic, HSF's flagship pro bono legal advice clinic.
Gareth's experience includes advising:
- The United States of America in connection with claims for the forfeiture of assets stolen from the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the late General Sani Abacha. This involved obtaining injunctive relief under Section 21 of the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act
- a major Russian bank in proceedings against a guarantor involving applications for freezing injunctions and committal to prison of the guarantor
- VTB in relation to its Supreme Court appeal in the proceedings against Konstantin Malofeev for fraudulent misrepresentation
- Tarek Investments Limited in its high profile dispute relating to the Aman Hotels business. This was named as one of The Lawyer's top cases of 2015
- a Russian private equity house in a contractual dispute relating to an investment in Russian oil assets