With a diverse practice background, Gabrielle is uniquely positioned to provide advice across a broad spectrum of legal issues, addressing short term and long term needs. With a genuine passion for her clients and their business needs, Gabrielle provides advice and assistance beyond just legal advice, delivering practical and commercial legal advice tailored to each individual client and situation.
Gabrielle is an experienced solicitor who has been involved a broad spectrum of litigated and advisory matters across a range of industries. Representing clients ranging from small individuals to large global and public companies, Gabrielle advises and represents clients in all aspects of dispute resolution and dispute avoidance, and provides advice and assistance to clients navigating a variety of legal and commercial issues. Gabrielle has a particular focus on class actions and general commercial litigation, and is also experienced in competition and consumer law, regulatory issues, and public law.
Gabrielle's experience includes:
- obtaining merger clearance from competition regulators on behalf of clients, including an international company entering a tight market within Australia, and a major financial institution in relation to an agreement with a competitor for the acquisition of its assets
- successfully defending a claim brought against a major international travel provider alleging misleading or deceptive conduct in respect of the client’s services
- representing a major global firm in relation to an Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) investigation into allegations of cartel conduct. Navigating the client through the investigation, the ACCC ultimately discontinued its investigation
- acting in a major class action commenced by residents in regional NSW against the Department of Defence in relation to chemical contamination of the land and water on and around residential and business properties
- representing a national real estate group in defending a claim brought against it in the Supreme Court of NSW, including claims of repudiation and unconscionable conduct in relation to a commercial lease