Gabriella advises on corporate finance transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and corporate restructuring. Gabriella also advises on general corporate and compliance matters for companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Gabriella was in the corporate practice of a Magic Circle law firm in Hong Kong.
Gabriella speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Gabriella's experience includes advising:
- Bank of East Asia, Limited on its sale of the general insurance business, Blue Cross (Asia-Pacific) Insurance Limited and interest in Blue Care JV (BVI) Holdings Limited to AIA*
- Genting Hong Kong Limited on the sale of its 33% equity interest in Dream Cruises Holding Limited, which holds a cruise line principally operating in Asia, to a consortium comprising Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, TPG Capital Asia and TPG Growth*
- Privé Technologies, a wealth tech company, on its acquisition of Axial Partners Limited, an independent managed accounts platform*
- A South Korean conglomerate on its investment in a Dutch company that produces vegan, plant-based meats, which has operations in the UK, the Netherlands, Singapore, the US and Canada*
- A German company on its acquisition of a business group which manufactures resin solutions for paint and ink in China*
- J.P. Morgan, HSBC and China International Capital Corporation as joint sponsors of Biel Crystal Holdings Limited (a smart device enclosure and module solution provider)'s proposed listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited*
- Bank of China as the sole sponsor of Liwayway (Global) Company Limited (a snack food company)'s proposed listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited*
- ongoing general company and compliance advisory work for the following companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange*
- China Shengmu Organic Milk Limited
- China Merchants Port Holdings Company Limited
- China Aircraft Leasing Group Holdings Limited
- SJM Holdings Limited
- Member of the Law Society
- Associate member of the Law Society of Hong Kong
Gabriella studied law at the University College London and graduated in 2017 with a bachelor of laws (LLB) degree and obtained distinction at the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in 2018.
Gabriella was admitted as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2020.