Greg is a commercial litigator helping clients with product liability, class action and regulatory counselling matters, and a partner in our New York office.
Greg helps counsel clients in litigation avoidance and preparation and in delivering quality assurance for litigation in courts throughout the world.
Greg has more than 25 years experience in commercial litigation and actively manages the strategy, execution and personnel for some of the most noteworthy and complex cases in United States and around the world. Most notably, his practice includes extensive involvement in the preparation and defense of smoking and health cases. He has represented multi-national tobacco companies on individual cases, class actions and healthcare recoupment suits, throughout the world.
- B.A. – Yale – 1985
- J.D. – Boston University School of Law – 1989
Experience & expertise
- advising Associated British Foods on product liability matters
- working with tobacco manufacturers and affiliates defending "bet the company" products liability matters in the US, Canada and Brazil
- collaborating with British American Tobacco in its successful defence of the US government's highly publicized lawsuit against cigarette manufacturers, which initially sought recovery of $280 billion in damages
- defending British American Tobacco in a multibillion dollar class action against several tobacco companies pending in federal court
- helping British American Tobacco Group companies successfully defend smoking and health cases throughout the world including Europe, South America and Asia
- working with clients in the alcohol and food sectors on strategies for litigation avoidance.