Graeme is a partner in the energy and resources group in the Perth office, with a particular focus on the upstream oil and gas sectors.
He specialises in upstream mergers and acquisitions, LNG sales and purchase agreements, joint operating agreements, pipeline gas sales and purchase agreements, gas transportation agreements, offshore production services agreements and associated field development agreements.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Graeme was Senior Legal Counsel at Centrica Energy in the UK. He is a member of the Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association and the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
Graeme holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Nottingham, UK.
Graeme authored the 2012 - 2015 Australian chapters and the 2014 & 2015 PNG chapters in the International Comparative Guide to Oil & Gas Regulation.
Experience & expertise
- PTT Public Company in relation to its long-term LNG procurement programme*
- Mitsubishi on multiple farm-ins to petroleum licences in Papua New Guinea with Talisman Energy Inc. and on the implementation of a related Gas Aggregation Project*
- BHP Billiton Petroleum on LNG import terminal and re-gas arrangements in South America. Advised on the procurement of volumes of LNG into South America*
- INPEX and Total in relation to the ship-shore liability arrangements and terminal conditions for the Ichthys LNG Project*
- BHP Billiton Petroleum on the development of the Exxon operated Scarborough FLNG Project.*
* Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills