Grace is a Solicitor in Herbert Smith Freehills' disputes team in Perth.
Grace focusses on disputes arising out of energy, construction and infrastructure projects in the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Grace has experience acting for clients in international arbitration proceedings under the ICC, DIAC and ADCCAC rules, as well as mediation and expert determination proceedings.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Grace trained and qualified as a solicitor at an international law firm in Western Australia and practiced with a London-headquartered construction and energy law firm in Dubai.
Experience & expertise
- a developer in DIAC arbitration proceedings relating to alleged breach of contract and defective works claims for a hotel resort in the United Arab Emirates
- a contractor relating to variation, delay and disruption claims concerning large-scale development and infrastructure works in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- an employer with mediation proceedings, and subsequent ICC arbitration proceedings, against an architect relating to defects in the design for a shopping mall in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- multiple contractors against an owner concerning variations and omissions relating to a USD11 billion nationwide rail network in the Middle East
- a contractor relating to the suspension of works by an employer due to COVID-19 on an oil project in Iraq
- an EPC contractor with a AUD2.5 billion ICC arbitration relating to the construction of a power plant for an LNG facility in the Northern Territory, Australia.