Gonzalo is an associate in the competition and trade practice in the Madrid office.
He advises funds, business partnerships, logistic distribution enterprises, technological businesses, retail chain companies as well as manufacturing companies on merger control and antitrust matters.
He has a dual degree in Law and Business administration (E3) by Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE)(Spain), partially studied at Bentley University (USA) and Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels), and a master's degree for Admission to the Bar by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain). He speaks Spanish, English and French. He is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Prior to joining the firm, he completed a 12-month full-time internship as a trainee lawyer in the Madrid office and worked as a legal trainee for another 12 months in the Brussels office.
Experience & expertise
- AerCap on its US$30 billion combination with General Electric Capital Aviation Services (GECAS), including obtaining merger control clearances from the European Commission and various national competition authorities, including Spain
- a global manufacturing company on the submission of responsive business documents in the context of an investigation of abuse of dominant position conducted by the European Commission
- a Japanese trading company on an investigation in relation to potential cartel conduct in relation to an international commodities market, with a particular focus on certain customers based in Europe, including Spain
- Rheinmetall on the merger control proceedings related to the €1,2 million acquisition of Expal Systems, a global company of defence and security, from Maxam, a Spanish company with global presence in the chemical and mining sectors
- a multinational group focused on the railway industry and two of its directors on the appeals, before the National Court, against the decision of the Spanish Competition Authority (CNMC) in relation to a cartel investigation for bid rigging practices in the market for the construction, supply, installation, commissioning and maintenance of the railway signalling, security and telecommunication system in Spain