Glenn is a Senior Associate within our Japan dispute resolution practice with expertise in international arbitration and internal investigations.
Glenn is a Senior Associate within the dispute resolution practice in Tokyo, with extensive experience in international arbitration and litigation, as well as investigations with a focus on antibribery and anticorruption legislation compliance. He has particular experience working on matters in the automobile, construction, infrastructure and pharmaceutical sectors. Prior to joining the Tokyo Office of Herbert Smith Freehills, Glenn practised as a solicitor in London and Paris.
Glenn speaks fluent English, French and Japanese.
Glenn is licensed to advice on the laws of English and Wales in Japan as a Registered Foreign Lawyer (Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi). He is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. Glenn also holds a Master of Public International Law from the University of Strasbourg.
Experience & expertise
- an international consortium on its defence in a SIAC arbitration in relation to the construction of a petrochemical complex
- a major Japanese pharmaceutical company in JCAA arbitration proceedings for claims of breach of representation and warranty under a share purchase agreement arising out of the sale of a pharmaceutical company
- an international automobile company on its defence in a class action suit on issues arising out of parts manufactured by a third party distributor used in its vehicles
- a global healthcare company in internal investigations of alleged bribery and corruption, and misconduct of employees based in Japan and the Philippines
- a Japanese technology company in SIAC arbitration in respect of claims concerning termination of licenses affecting its Indonesian subsidiary
- advising a major Japanese trading house in connection with a VIAC arbitration concerning delays and disruption to the completion of an urban rail construction project in Vietnam