Gerald is an international disputes lawyer in our International Arbitration group.
Gerald specialises in resolving complex cross-border disputes in a broad range of sectors including energy, construction projects, power transmission, technology and cryptocurrency.
He has acted as counsel in numerous international arbitrations under the rules of most major arbitral institutions. He has also managed arbitration-related court proceedings in Singapore.
Gerald regularly collaborates with colleagues across many of our offices, and he is presently based in London.
Gerald graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Singapore and a Master's of Law from Boston University. He is admitted to practice law in Singapore and New York. He speaks English and Mandarin Chinese fluently.
He serves on the committee of the Young Members Group of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Singapore branch).
Experience & expertise
- a leading Chinese oil and gas company and its overseas subsidiary as claimants in what is reported to be among the highest-valued arbitrations administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) related to their investment in a European oil company
- a project company in an SIAC arbitration in bringing claims under an EPC contract arising out of the construction of refinery and petrochemical complex in Southeast Asia
- a major Dubai real estate development company in DIAC arbitration proceedings in Dubai relating to a joint venture agreement to develop a major residential and leisure infrastructure project in Dubai
- a projects company in an LCIA arbitration relating to a power generation and transmission project in Pakistan
- serving as tribunal secretary in a Singapore-seated SIAC arbitration involving an dispute between Japanese and Filipino parties.