George is a Senior Associate in our technology, media and telecommunications team, and specialises in both the sports, media and entertainment, and technology, sectors.
George is one of our leading experts on the Australian wagering and gaming sector, and has deep experience advising on all types of transactions in the broader sports, media and entertainment sector, including public and private M&A (and related transition and separation arrangements), privatisations, joint ventures, outsourcing, procurement arrangements. George also provides regulatory advice in these sectors, including in relation to licence applications and investigations.
George also regularly advises on large and complex technology transactions and procurements, IT transition and separation projects, tenders for large scale IT systems, and IT commercial agreements in all sectors.
George holds a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Accounting and Finance, from the University of Sydney. George was admitted in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2016.
Experience & expertise
- Tabcorp on the demerger of its lotteries and keno businesses
- Tabcorp on its merger with Tatts Group valued at $11.3 billion
- Tabcorp on its participation in major Australian and international licensing (and similar) processes, including in Western Australia and New Zealand
- Sky Racing on its strategic media rights and sponsorship arrangements with various Australian and international racing industries and racing clubs, including the Brisbane Racing Club, Racing Queensland, Racing NSW and TAB NZ
- Sky Racing on its supply of SKY1 and SKY2 to third parties, including to corporate bookmakers and Racing and Wagering Western Australia
- Allegro Funds on the acquisition of Toll Global Express from Toll Group and parent company Japan Post
- GenesisCare on one of its global ICT procurement agreements valued in excess of $500 million
- GenesisCare on of its largest global outsourcing agreements covering services provided in Australia, Spain, UK and the US
- Reckon Limited on the sale of its Accountants Practice Management Group
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the merger of Aussie Home Loans with Lendi, a leading online home loan platform
- Sydney World Pride on all aspects of the World Pride event held in Sydney in 2023
- On the technology, data and separation aspects of Healius Limited’s sale of its medical and dental centres business, with an enterprise value of A$500 million, to funds managed by BGH Capital
- The NSW Government and various individual agencies on technology-related transactions and procurements, including the State of New South Wales on its whole of government banking services tender, Family and Community Services on its ChildStory program, and Sydney Trains on its Rail Operations Centre project