Geoff is a Senior Associate in our Corporate (M&A, capital markets and corporate governance) team.
Geoff advises on a range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, joint ventures and Australia’s foreign investment framework.
Geoff is works in the M&A team in Herbert Smith Freehills’ Perth office and advises a range of Australian and foreign companies, funds and institutions in relation to corporate transactions, ASX Listing Rules compliance (including reserves and resource reporting) and Australia’s foreign investment framework, with a focus on clients in the mining, mining services and power sector.
Geoff holds the degrees of Bachelor of Laws (with First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- DRA Global on its IPO on ASX and secondary JSE listing
- BGC Australia on the sale of BGC Contracting
- Synergy on the creation of the Bright Energy Investments renewables platform and Warradarge Wind Farm development
- Yancoal on its acquisition of Rio Tinto’s Coal & Allied business (including acquiring Mitsubishi’s minority joint venture interests) and establishing the Hunter Valley Operations joint venture with Glencore (2018 M&A Deal of the Year, Australasian Law Awards)
- multiple offshore funds on strategic investments in the Australian mining sector