Gelena is a Senior Associate in our real estate practice in Düsseldorf.
Gelena has more than seven years' experience in advising on the acquisition and disposal of real estate in asset or share deals. She primarily focuses on property acquisition law and real estate law, on commercial lease law as well as on public building and planning law.
Gelena advises domestic and foreign institutional investors, investment funds and investment management companies on real estate investments as well as in relation to ongoing asset management.
Gelena graduated from the law school of the Goethe University Frankfurt and holds a master’s degree in Corporate and Financial Law from the University of Glasgow, UK. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2015, she worked for another leading international law firm in Germany. A German and Russian native speaker, she is fluent in English.
Experience & expertise
- ARDIAN Germany on the acquisition and purchase financing of the office complex "Wappenhalle" in Munich-Riem, consisting of nine properties, "Heinemannbogen" located in Munich as well as sale of "Wappenhalle"
- Art-Invest Real Estate Funds on the acquisition and financing of the Kö-Bogen property in Duesseldorf and on asset management matters, mainly on lease agreements
- Cording Real Estate Group on the acquisition of a real estate portfolio comprising 10 properties; advisory for purchase, joint venture, investment structuring and financing (transaction volume approximately €140 million)
- ReInvest Asset Management on the acquisition of two properties under development (North Rhine-Westphalia University of Applied Sciences, Duisburg (acquired 2019), and former HQ Vonovia, Bochum (acquired 2021))
- a US Private Equity Company on the acquisition of various logistic assets across Germany and on asset management matters, mainly on lease agreements.