Gayatri is an Associate in the firm’s disputes practice in London.
Gayatri specialises in complex commercial disputes, cross border and in the English courts. Gayatri has worked with clients in matters spanning a range of sectors including the energy, aviation, and banking and financial services sectors.
Gayatri recently undertook a seven-month secondment to the Commercial Banking Disputes team at Lloyds Banking Group where she worked on a series of high-profile investigations and litigations, including advising the bank in relation to its compensation review for victims of HBOS Fraud.
Gayatri supports the firm's pro bono practice, advising and supporting individuals and charities who may not otherwise be able to access legal advice. Recent matters include working as part of a team advising the charity Equality Now in relation to online sexual exploitation of women and girls, a project which was nominated for a Trustlaw Collaboration Award in 2022.
Gayatri completed an undergraduate degree in Classics at Worcester College, Oxford University, before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course (in which she obtained a distinction) at BPP Law School in London. Gayatri trained at Herbert Smith Freehills and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2020.
Experience & expertise
- the shareholders of Optal, a virtual card issuer, in an expedited claim in the English Commercial Court relating to sale of the company where the buyer sought to rely on the SARS-Cov-2 pandemic as a Material Adverse Effect
- various aircraft lessors in relation to the termination of lease agreements, the repossession of aircraft and multi-jurisdictional litigation including in the English Commercial Court
- Post Office on a claim brought by 120 postmasters in the Employment Tribunal regarding their employment status, one of the Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2021
- Tesco in relation to thousands of claims under the equal pay provisions of the Equality Act (including expedited High Court proceedings)
- Stagecoach in relation to an expedited trial in the Commercial Court on public procurement litigation and judicial reviews concerning the East Midlands and South Eastern rail franchises
- multinational investment management and financial services company in its defence of a claim relating to its role in the initial public offering of shares in a marine fuel company
- a French family trust in relation to its claim for the recovery of a debt under a loan agreement with an individual
- a UK subsidiary of a global banking group on a governance review, including advising in relation to applications for approval as a senior manager and remedial steps arising from a skilled person review.