Gavin is a cross-border M&A specialist with extensive experience of international investments and exits. He acts for financial sponsors, funds and corporates.
Gavin has extensive experience of cross-border corporate transactions, including public company takeovers, private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public securities offerings, capital reconstructions and demergers.
Clients single out Gavin for “the breadth and depth of his technical expertise and capability” and his “problem-solving skills and responsiveness”.
Gavin is recognised as a ‘Recommended Individual’ for Infrastructure by Legal 500 UK 2020.
Gavin speaks English, French and Spanish.
Experience & expertise
- a confidential infrastructure investor in relation to its bid for European rolling stock operator, VTG
- GIC Infrastructure in relation to the formation of telecommunications infrastructure joint venture with PPF Group by means of the acquisition of a 30% stake in CETIN
- a confidential infrastructure investor in relation to a consortium bid for UK Power Networks
- AIMCo in relation to the formation of a UK battery storage joint venture
- GIC Infrastructure in relation to its investment in Terminal Investments Limited (TIL)
- a confidential institutional investor in relation to its proposed investment in Terminal Investments Limited (TIL)
- GIC Infrastructure and BlackRock's Global Energy & Power Infrastructure Funds on the acquisition of Kellas Midstream from funds managed by Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Origin Energy on its strategic partnership with and acquisition of a minority interest in Octopus Energy
- Australian Retirement Trust in relation to its investment in Heathrow Airport
- DWS in relation to the divestment of its holding in Kelda (Yorkshire Water)
- a confidential consortium in relation to its bid to acquire HS1, the UK high–speed rail line
- GIC and EDF Invest on their bid for a 40% stake in Eurostar
- the Bazalgette Consortium (Allianz Capital Partners, Amber Infrastructure, Dalmore Capital, and DIF) on its successful bid to become Infrastructure Provider for the £4.2 billion Tideway "super sewer"
- GIC on its acquisition of a 50% stake in Railpool from Oaktree Capital Management and the subsequent exit of Oaktree from Railpool
- BAA on the £16 billion hostile bid by a consortium led by Ferrovial's infrastructure division which was subsequently recommended
- London and Continental Railways on the sale of HS1
- SAS Trustee Corporation/STC (State Super) in relation to its acquisition of a minority interest in Kelda (Yorkshire Water)
- InfraVia Capital Partners on its acquisition with Macquarie Capital of a 39.39% equity interest in Metro de Malaga
- IFM on its sale of Pacific Hydro to China’s State Power Investment Corporation
- EDF on its £12.5 billion takeover of British Energy and on the negotiation of its subsequent UK joint ventures in relation to the £35 billion development of new nuclear power plants in the UK
- VAE, the Lithuanian state-owned utility, on its plans for a €5 billion nuclear power plant joint venture.