Gabby advises clients on the financing and development of major energy and infrastructure transactions.
Gabby has almost 15 years’ experience helping clients in the energy and infrastructure sectors bring their most complex and innovative projects to fruition by providing commercial, pragmatic and efficient structuring, development and financing advice. Her practice focusses on projects that have a role to play in the Energy Transition, and she specialises in multi-sourced and alternative capital financing solutions, as well as bespoke structuring for complex projects.
Gabby also helps clients with their day-to-day financing matters, and she has represented sponsors, financiers and government agencies on project, corporate, leveraged and acquisition financings, as well as capital markets issuances and restructurings across a broad range of assets in both the energy and infrastructure spaces.
In addition to her financing and structuring expertise, Gabby also has experience acting on project acquisitions, developments and offtake arrangements, allowing her to leverage that expertise to deliver pragmatic financing solutions efficiently and effectively.
Gabby has spent time working in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia, and during her career has advised on transactions and projects in more than 25 different jurisdictions across all major global regions.
Gabby completed a Bachelor of Laws (with honours) at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She joined Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, working in both their London and Hong Kong offices, before relocating to Sydney in 2016. Gabby is admitted to practice in both Australia and England & Wales.
Experience & expertise
- Murray Valley Hydrogen Park: advised ARENA on the grant funding arrangements for the Murray Valley Hydrogen Park in Wodonga, Victoria
- Central West Orana REZ: advising NSW EnergyCo on the contestable procurement and delivery of the Central West Orana Renewable Energy Zone
- Hunter and Central Coast REZ: advising NSW EnergyCo on the non-contestable procurement and delivery of the Hunter and Central Cost Renewable Energy Zone
- Rangebank BESS: advised the lenders on the financing of the 200MW/400MWh Rangebank BESS in Cranbourne West, Victoria
- Origin Energy takeover: advising Origin Energy on its $18.7 billion acquisition by Brookfield and Mid Ocean Energy.
- Stockyard Hill Wind Farm: advised the lenders on the refinancing of the Stockyard Hill Wind Farm in Victoria
- Yendon and Elaine Wind Farms: advised the Lal Lal Wind Farm project vehicles in relation to the refinancing of the Yendon and Elaine Wind Farms in Victoria
- East Rockingham Waste to Energy Project: advising the project SPV in relation to the ongoing financing and development of the East Rockingham Waste to Energy Project in Western Australia
- Golden Beach Gas Supply and Storage Project: advising OCP Capital on the multi-sourced financing of the Golden Beach Gas Supply and Storage Project offshore Victoria