Francesca regularly advises clients on complex commercial disputes across a broad range of industry sectors, including media, sport, technology, transport, and energy. She has a particular interest in media disputes and was seconded to Sky plc from September 2015 to March 2016.
Francesca has significant experience acting in high value Commercial Court litigation and specialises in disputes relating to economic torts and contractual termination rights. She has also acted in a number of procurement challenges, as well as cross-border commercial arbitration and proceedings before the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
Francesca is a capable advocate and obtained her Higher Rights of Audience (Civil) in December 2018.
Francesca's experience includes:
- acting for Bernie Ecclestone in two substantial Commercial Court disputes regarding allegations of fraudulent conspiracy
- acting for the respondent in an ongoing cross-border commercial arbitration regarding allegations of bad faith and wrongful termination
- acting for a major North Sea operator in a substantial dispute with an oil services company relating to the supply of electrical submersible pumps
- acting for a major North Sea purchaser in High Court proceedings relating to the supply of natural gas under a longstanding take or pay contract
- acting for the disappointed bidder in a major IT procurement, who was subsequently re-admitted to the process and awarded the tender
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from her exchange year at Sciences Po, Paris, Francesca went on to graduate top of her year in Law from the University of Glasgow, obtaining a First Class degree in Law and French Language with a Distinction in spoken French.
Francesca trained at Herbert Smith Freehills in London and qualified as a solicitor in March 2017.