Filip is an M&A associate within Herbert Smith Freehills' corporate team. He has experience across a broad range of sectors including TMT, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing. Filip has worked in the firm's Tokyo and London offices.
Filip’s recent experience includes advising:
- Pearson plc on the sale of its K12 courseware business in Italy and Germany to Sanoma Corporation
- SCA Investments Limited (trading as Gousto) on its £180 million capital raising from SoftBank Vision Fund II and £60 million follow on secondary transaction
- SoftBank Robotics on its investment in and strategic partnership with Avalon SteriTech
- ConMet (a subsidiary of Amsted Industries) on its joint venture with Saietta Group plc to develop and commercialise e-drive product systems
- GIC on PPF Group's sale of a minority stake in its telecommunication infrastructure unit Cetin Group BV which holds operating companies which holds operating companies in the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Hungary and Serbia
- Lupin on the divestment of its interest in Kyowa Pharmaceutical Industry Co., Ltd., one of the leading generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in Japan
- Capgemini on its acquisition of the SAP software consulting business of Multibook, a Japan-based IT company
- NTT Communications on its acquisition of a majority stake in French mobile virtual network enabler Transatel
Filip holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Civil Law from McGill University, and a Master of Laws from Tohoku University. He is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and as a barrister and solicitor in Ontario, Canada.