Fede is a cross-qualified lawyer (Italy and England) with over a decade of experience in advising clients in relation to a wide range of commercial disputes with focus on banking and financial services.
She has worked with a variety of clients including banks, financial institutions, companies and individuals as well as on cases involving mis-selling, fraud, corruption, bribery and breach of contract allegations.
Fede is part of our top-ranked and award-winning banking litigation practice. She has worked on complex financial disputes involving UK law and cross-jurisdictional issues. She is fluent in Italian and French.
Clients appreciate her ability to take the lead in matters and her practical and commercial approach to complex issues.
Fede's experience includes advising:
- Societé Générale on a US$1.5 billion claim by the Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of trades entered into between the two parties, featuring allegations of bribery and intimidation
- Credit Suisse on a dispute with a Dutch housing association in relation to the termination of a number of derivative trades, involving authority, capacity and misrepresentation issues
- Morgan Stanley on a number of criminal and civil proceedings brought in Italy in relation to the losses suffered by the investors involved in Parmalat financial collapse
- Banco Efisa on a US$200 million claim by a hedge fund in relation to a complex financial transaction involving the issue of GDRs and featuring allegations of conspiracy in fraud and blind eye knowledge
- a listed mining company on a dispute with a partner of the Joint Venture created to exploit some silver mines in Africa
Fede graduated in law from the prestigious Federico II University in Italy and, after training in a mid-tier law firm, joined a major international law firm in Milan. After earning a Master's degree in Commercial Law from BPP University in London, she joined the firm in 2011.