Freya is a Senior Associate specialising in infrastructure projects, as well as public sector sales and procurements.
Freya advises governments, project sponsors, principals and contractors on major infrastructure projects (including public private partnerships) during procurement, development and operations. She also has a particular interest in complex government sale and acquisition processes. Freya advises on projects in various sectors including roads, ports and forestry.
Freya has worked as General Counsel (AU & NZ) for a fin-tech company, completed a number of client secondments, and understands key commercial drivers for major projects as well as operational practicalities.
Freya holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours, First Class) and Bachelor of International Business from Griffith University, and was awarded a University Medal. She also holds a Certificate in Governance and Risk Management from the Governance Institute of Australia.
Freya is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Experience & expertise
Projects and procurement
- acting for successful bidders in major acquisitions and privatisations, including the acquisition of the Forestry Plantation assets in South Australia and Victoria, the Port of Melbourne and the Clem7 Tunnel
- advising on the procurement of, and bidding for, major infrastructure projects (including public private partnerships), including materials recovery facilities, the Logan Enhancement Project, the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Legacy Way and Go-Between Bridge, and M2 Upgrade
- advising State and private sector entities during the construction and operation of public private partnerships, including in respect of the SEQ Schools PPP, Queensland Schools PPP and the Gateway/Logan Motorway Franchise
In-house strategic advice
- providing strategic risk management advice and recommendations to Boards
- advising on and leading the practical implementation of regulatory changes required for business as usual operations
- leading legal due diligence on potential acquisitions
- liaising with multiple business units and stakeholders to implement systems legal compliance systems