Frank is a consultant in our dispute resolution team, who is based in our London office.
Frank is a risk advisory lawyer who specialises in the insurance/reinsurance sector and has a particular interest in the use of insurance products (Warranty & Indemnity, Title & Tax Insurance, Contingent Liability policies such as litigation risk buy-out) to facilitate M&A and other corporate deals including structured finance. He is a Consultant at Herbert Smith Freehills having previously been a partner at K&L Gates and Eversheds Sutherland.
Experience & expertise
- leading investment banks, private equity houses and corporate clients on use of different insurance products in acquiring and exiting assets, including placement of "fund end-of-life" insurance
- several leading property investment funds and other entities on major real estate transaction in UK, Europe, Asia and the Americas on the use of insurance to facilitate acquisitions and disposals
- major energy supplier on transactional insurances in support of its acquisition in excess of £7.5 billion of infrastructure assets
- leading auto-parts supplier on transactional insurances to facilitate €1 billion plus investment into European market
- in relation to in excess of $10 billion of coverage in respect of tax risks for a range of major transactions and divestment of investments and other assets
- leading litigation funder on insurance coverage to cover repayment exposure on major debt facility (in excess of $500 milion)