Francis is Of Counsel specialising in international arbitration and commercial litigation.
Francis has experience advising on a broad range of complex international disputes in Asia and the UK. He has significant experience advising clients in the energy, TMT and private equity sectors and of acting in post-M&A disputes.
Francis has represented clients in arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, SIAC, HKIAC and UNCITRAL rules. He has also appeared in the courts of England & Wales and has experience of other forms of alternative dispute resolution including expert determinations and mediations.
Francis trained and qualified as an associate in London before relocating to Asia to work from the firm’s Singapore office.
Francis read history at Oxford University (graduating with a first class degree) before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course (both with distinction). He qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales in 2010 and as a solicitor advocate in 2012. Francis speaks Italian and French.
Experience & expertise
- Chinese private equity investors on a joint venture dispute in a Hong Kong-seated HKIAC arbitration and emergency arbitration proceedings
- a Chinese insurer against a number of Korean entities in a post-M&A ICC arbitration seated in Hong Kong
- a U.S. hotel operator in various disputes with hotel owners in Asia in ICC arbitration and before domestic courts
- a European energy company in a multi-billion dollar LCIA arbitration seated in London regarding rights to two gas fields in Iraq
- a project company in a Singapore seated SIAC arbitration arising from the construction of Vietnam's largest refinery and petrochemical project.