Frances is a corporate, energy and resources lawyer.
Frances has significant experience advising public and private companies in relation to projects (development and operational), mergers and acquisitions, and business structuring in the energy and resources sectors.
Frances has substantial experience drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts for both domestic and international mining, oil and gas and infrastructure projects. Her energy and resources experience includes asset acquisition and disposal, due diligence investigations, project structuring and related project documents for major energy and resource projects.
Frances holds a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Arts (History and Political Science & International Relations) from the University of Western Australia. Frances is a member of the Energy & Resources Law Association.
Experience & expertise
- Enaex S.A., a subsidiary of Chilean business group Sigdo Koppers, in connection with its A$125 million acquisition of MTi Group, a global leader in blasting consumables for mining.
- Energy Resources Limited, a subsidiary of Mineral Resources Limited, on its farmin with Buru in the Carnarvon Basin, including a proposed CCS joint venture.
- Santos Limited in relation to its A$22 billion merger with Oil Search Limited pursuant to a PNG scheme of arrangement
- Darwin LNG on its LNG backfill and life extension projects, and related processing arrangements with the Caldita-Barossa Project
- Shell on its sale to Global Infrastructure Partners of a 26.25 percent interest in the Queensland Curtis LNG facilities for US$2.5 billion
- TotalEnergies SE in relation to the synthetic infrastructure agreement with Global Infrastructure Partners in connection with its 27.5 percent interest in the Gladstone LNG Project in Queensland for consideration of US$750 million.