Faria Ali is a lawyer in the firm's corporate practice with a particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions.
Faria focuses on advising listed and private corporate clients on transactional and advisory work.
She has experience of a wide variety of corporate transactions including cross-border private M&A, joint ventures, private equity investments and minority investments. She also regularly assists clients with corporate governance and company law issues.
Faria has previously worked as a consultant in the public and third sector, having spent time at the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan and the United Nations Development Programme where she led on consultations with government bodies.
Faria takes a keen interest in promoting diversity and inclusion within the legal sector. Faria chairs the firm's Multiculturalism Network, is a longstanding member of the Steering Committee of NOTICED and has co-authored a report on the steps which can be taken to improve diversity within the legal industry.
Faria has also spearheaded successful efforts to bring together the legal community in support of causes such as raising funds for those affected by the floods in Pakistan and earthquakes in Turkey and Syria.
Faria studied Jurisprudence at the University of Oxford after which she completed her LLM at the London School of Economics.
She holds a range of board and committee positions:
- Chair of the Board, Corporate Citizens
- Vice Chair of the Board, Muslim Aid
- Trustee, British Pakistan Foundation
- Steering Committee Member, NOTICED
Experience & expertise
- Virgin Group on its disposal of a 31% stake in Virgin Atlantic Limited to Air France-KLM
- Orange S.A. on its acquisition of hybrid cloud services and big data analytics group Basefarm Holding from private equity firm Abry Partners
- Marex on its acquisition of E D & F Man Capital Markets
- InterGlobe Enterprises on its acquisition of the K+K portfolio of hotels across 10 jurisdictions
- Goldman Sachs, Anglo American and Ma'aden on various matters