Ernst is a bright young legal mind with experience in environmental, labour, construction and engineering, mining, administrative, and general commercial law.
He holds degrees in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management and Analysis and Law and brings a unique set of skills to the table.
As a young attorney, Ernst has been exposed to a variety of matters ranging from providing advice on RFP proposals and tender processes to representing clients in construction related disputes.
Ernst's recent experience includes:
- a client on the payment of royalties and pas de porte in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Norilsk Nickel Holdings (Cyprus) Ltd on the ongoing disputes which resulted from the sale of its US$ 279 million interest in the Nkomati Joint Venture to BCL (Proprietary) Limited in Botswana
- a multinational mining company on the implications of the amendments to the Southern African Development Community's ("SADC") Protocol on Finance and Investment and the regulation of foreign investment in SADC member states
- Airports Bookshop (Pty) Ltd t/a Exclusive Books in opposing an eviction application and instituting judicial review proceedings
- a construction company in a claim for ZAR200 million under a bespoke FIDIC agreement (2016)*
*Experience prior to joining HSF in January 2017
Ernst is an admitted attorney in South Africa. He holds a LLB from the University of Cape Town (2013) as well as a B.Sc Environmental Science (cum laude) (2009), and B.Sc (HONS) Environmental Analysis and Management (with distinction) (2010) from the University of Pretoria.