Enno is an experienced specialist in criminal law, compliance and large-scale civil fraud claims based on all forms of deception, breach of trust and bribery & corruption. He regularly represents clients in court proceedings to enforce liability claims and to seize assets in cases in which they fell victim to criminal offenses and leads trials involving officers’ liability.
His experience moreover covers financial crime, embezzlement and money laundering as well as conducting internal investigations for clients and advising on external investigations by government and regulatory bodies, such as state prosecutors, BaFin and SEC. Furthermore, Enno advises corporates on the risks arising from bribery incidents in consideration of the German anti-corruption laws, the UK Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
In his previous in-house role, Enno acted as a central point of contact for all business divisions and branches across Europe in relation to bribery and corruption risks.
Enno's experience includes:
- conducted an internal investigation for an international company with respect to a Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)*
- conducted an internal investigation for an Austrian bank in cases of breach of trust and fraud*
- defended a member of the supervisory board of a joint stock company against claims for directors' and officers' liability*
- advised and represented a leading automobile manufacturer in a multi-million euro case of systematic economic crimes by employees, national and international suppliers and subcontractors
- advised several companies on anti-bribery & corruption (ABC) matters and judicial and extrajudicial representation
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Before joining HSF Enno worked in Deutsche Bank AG's Anti-Bribery & Corruption department, a leading US law firm in the areas of litigation and compliance & enforcement and a German boutique law firm specialised in complex cases of white-collar crime and compliance.