Ena works with clients to resolve their complex commercial disputes. She has a wide variety of commercial dispute resolution experience, having acted on:
- significant construction disputes involving delay claims, time bars, variation claims, liquidated damages claims and calls on security
- litigation and arbitrations involving complex contractual interpretation questions
- disputes between power utilities, contractors, suppliers and customers in relation to infrastructure projects
- land administration, valuation and planning disputes
Recent experience includes acting for and advising:
- a global mining company to recover cost overruns from a contractor in relation to the construction of major mining infrastructure in WA
- a global oil and gas company in relation to a major LNG project, involving defective works claims, insurance law issues and other contractual issues
- a State utility in relation to a land acquisition and land valuation dispute
- a global company operating in the mineral sands sector in defending a class action against it in the Federal Court of Australia
Ena also assists with coordinating Herbert Smith Freehills’ pro bono practice in Perth .
Ena joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2014 after graduating from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction) and a Bachelor of Commerce (with a double major in Corporate Finance and Investment Finance).
Ena was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in Western Australia in November 2014 and is admitted to practice in the Federal and High Courts of Australia. She is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia.