Emmanuelle has more than 15 years' experience representing clients on major international arbitrations in a variety of sectors, including energy, mining, infrastructure, industry, defence, telecommunications and pharmaceuticals.
She assists clients on disputes between private companies and involving states (ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL, LCIA, Swiss Rules, DIS) in a number of jurisdictions. She also acts as an arbitrator.
She is qualified as a French Avocat and a Solicitor of England and Wales and also has an academic background in German law.
Emmanuelle is described by legal directories as "excellent" with "an arbitration practice which “sets the highest of standards”" and as a "key player in the field".
In 2011, she was listed by Global Arbitration Review as one of the 45 leading figures in international arbitration under the age of 45 worldwide. She also received generous accolades for her successful representation of Eurotunnel against the French and British governments, the first arbitration brought against two States simultaneously; "a landmark success in the biggest arbitration the world has ever seen" (The Lawyer)
Emmanuelle's experience incudes:
- A Gulf telecom operator in a dispute against another major telecom operator in the Middle East, regarding the control of their joint venture (US$1.17 billion)
- Numerous mining and oil companies on pre-contentious or arbitrations against African States and related local proceedings,arising from the expropriation of their investment
- A world leader in the energy sector on a dispute arising from the construction of 5 biomass plants in South America
- A company in the defence sector on an arbitration against a European competitor, arising from a joint development agreement
- Eurotunnel on its successful claim against the French and the British governments arising out of migrant intrusions into the Channel tunnel