Emma works with a wide range of clients, including broker dealers, asset managers, banks, exchanges and insurers on both advisory and transactional matters. Emma advises on the implementation of EU and UK legislation such as MiFID II, AIFMD, SMCR and MAR, perimeter guidance, regulated outsourcing and conduct of business rules, as well as assisting on the financial services aspects of corporate and strategic transactions.
Emma is also the Secretary of the City of London Law Society Regulatory Law Committee.
Emma's experience includes advising:
- a major global bank on the impact of Brexit on its Investment Banking and Capital Markets division
- a large US retail broker on the expansion of the scope of regulated business of a UK subsidiary and updating their terms of business
- a UK retail bank the regulatory issues connected with its IT outsourcing project
- Lloyds Bank Plc on regulatory aspects of its banking licence consolidation by way of Part VII FSMA scheme
- a large stock exchange on the EU market abuse rules, focusing on the impact of MAR on issuers with securities traded in both the EU and the US