Emma is a litigator with experience advising a wide range of corporate clients in complex commercial disputes.
Emma has a particular focus on regulatory and internal investigations, advising clients in the financial services, technology and infrastructure/construction sectors.
Emma’s experience includes acting for:
- a former director of a large sports body in Australia in civil penalty proceedings brought by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission in the Federal Court;
- a large institutional bank in respect of a criminal investigation in relation to alleged breaches of the financial services provisions of the Corporations Act;
- a financial firm in its response to proceedings brought by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission in the Federal Court;
- an airline in relation to proceedings arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic and a contractual dispute in respect of an construction and training contract;
- a major international construction company in relation to an internal investigation;
- an Italian construction company in relation to a contractual dispute involving cross-jurisdictional issues.
Emma holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney. She is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW and is admitted to practice in Australian federal courts.