Emily assists clients across the mining, energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors on native title, cultural heritage, land tenure and environmental aspects. She assists on matters relating to the full lifecycle of a project, from initial planning and development, operations, closure, as well as M&A and financing transactions. Emily also provides specialist advice on utilities’ regulation, electricity network access and procurement.
Having worked with private, government, government-owned and not-for-profit clients, Emily provides legal and strategic advice adapted to the different contexts within which her clients operate. Emily’s skillset enables her to provide seamless and integrated advice on multiple aspects of transactions and projects. Her technical expertise and industry participation also provide Emily with a strong understanding of relevant legal and policy trends.
Emily’s experience includes:
- native title strategy, future act negotiations, cultural heritage approvals and compliance, agreement implementation, native title compensation advice and benefits management
- land tenure strategy, negotiation of tenure conditions, and tenure compliance and management
- environmental approvals, compliance and management
- infrastructure access arrangements and agreements, regulatory compliance for utilities and access disputes
- procurement for project development and operations, including construction, outsourcing and goods and services contracts, as well as asset sale and divestment contracts