Emily advises clients in the banking, infrastructure, consumer, energy and TMT sectors across a broad range of competition and consumer law issues.
This includes on contentious merger clearances, ACCC enforcement and investigation proceedings and Australian Consumer Law issues.
Emily’s experience includes advising:
- TPG Telecom Limited on successfully obtaining merger clearance from the Federal Court for its $15 billion merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia (February 2020), following an ACCC decision to oppose the merger in May 2019
- AGL Energy Limited on ongoing strategic competition advice including concerning the ACCC’s Retail Electricity Pricing Inquiry (2017–18), East Coast Gas Inquiries (2015–16 and 2017+)
- Metcash on a wide range of competition matters including its supply agreements with manufacturers and arrangements with retailers
- Caltex Australia Limited on ongoing strategic competition advice including several contemplated transactions
- A confidential client on cartel proceedings brought by the ACCC
Emily holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business (Honours) from the University of Technology, Sydney. She is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court.