Emily is a member of Herbert Smith Freehills' financial institutions and fintech groups and has experience of a variety of corporate transactional matters, in particular mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures and general corporate governance and advisory work for listed and non-listed UK and non-UK clients. Emily undertook client secondments to Santander in 2015/2016 and Hammerson in 2018.
Emily's experience includes advising:
- The Ardonagh Group on its acquisition of the Swinton Insurance group from MMA Holdings UK Plc, part of the Covéa Group
- Hammerson plc on its £3.4 billion takeover offer for Intu Properties plc and subsequent withdrawal
- UK Finance on the creation of a new financial services trade body through the merger of six existing trade associations including the British Bankers' Association and the Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Benson Elliot on its joint venture arrangements with Walton Street Capital in connection with the acquisition, and subsequent disposal, of a number of European hotels
- Tandem Bank on various equity and debt fund raising rounds, including from existing stakeholders and overseas investment funds
- Hammerson plc on its joint venture with Allianz Real Estate Germany to acquire €1.85 billion loan portfolio from NAMA secured against prime retail property in Dublin