Emily has experience in both litigious and non-litigious matters across a range of employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety matters.
Emily has assisted clients with unfair dismissal, general protection and discrimination claims and provided advice on employment rights and conditions under enterprise agreements, modern awards, contracts of employment, the Fair Work Act and other legislation. Emily has significant experience supporting employers in managing processes and demands from regulatory bodies, and facilitating workplace investigations.
Emily has also advised on employer’s obligations under work place health and safety legislation, assisted with industrial disputes and provided a range of training in relation to general HR, workplace health and safety and industrial matters.
Emily’s recent experience includes:
- assisting in the preparation and running of general employment disputes, including within the Fair Work Commission and Federal Courts
- assisting employers in managing internal complaints and performance improvement, disciplinary and termination processes
- providing advice on award coverage and contractual issues
- advising clients about their obligations under applicable industrial instruments
- undertaking advocacy in conferences and matters before the Anti-Discrimination tribunals
Emily holds a Juris Doctor with First Class Honours from Bond University, is admitted to practice as a solicitor in both State and Federal jurisdictions and is a member of the Queensland Law Society. Emily also holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) from Queen’s University in Canada