Elvira advises clients on commercial agreements and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures across a variety of industry sectors, with a particular focus on the oil and gas and energy sectors. Elvira has been co-authoring various overview articles and submissions on Russian energy sector, including HSF's European Energy Review publications and Chambers Energy & Natural Resources.
Elvira's recent experience includes advising:
- Beijing Gas Group on its acquisition of 20% of Verkhnechonskneftegaz from Rosneft (the company's first major investment in the Russian energy market)
- China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Corporation, a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Corporation, on the acquisition of a 20% stake in the South Tambeyskoye gas field project through the acquisition of shares in Yamal LNG from Novatek, Russia's largest independent natural gas producer
- China National Oil & Gas Exploration and Development Corporation, an affiliate of CNPC, on the acquisition of a 10% in Vankorneft, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rosneft
- Silk Road Fund on the proposed acquisition of a 10% stake in Sibur from a major shareholder
- Silk Road Fund on the acquisition of a circa 9.9% stake in Russia's key new LNG project based on the South Tambeyskoye gas field through the acquisition of shares in JSC Yamal LNG from Novatek