Lizzie is a commercial litigator working with clients across a range of sectors and geographies, including corporates, financial institutions and high-net-worth individuals. Lizzie has experience of working with clients on a broad range of commercial disputes, encompassing litigation, mediation, settlement negotiations, investigations and advisory work. This includes advising on complex contractual disputes, professional negligence disputes, partnership and LLP disputes and civil fraud.
Lizzie's clients include fund managers, banks, professional service companies and high-net-worth individuals. Her expertise encompasses contractual disputes, professional negligence disputes, misrepresentation and civil fraud.
Lizzie's experience includes:
- acting for a client in relation to a default of a USD $50 million Facility Agreement, including Court of Appeal proceedings
- advising a core participant in relation to a public inquiry
- acting for a public limited company on a multi-million pound settlement following a contractual dispute
- advising Binance, a cryptocurrency exchange, in relation to various contentious matters
- client secondments to IBM (six months), the Post Office Limited (six months) and to EDF Energy Renewables (three months)
Studied English at the University of Cambridge. Lizzie completed the GDL and LPC at BPP before joining Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in August 2015. She qualified as a lawyer in August 2017.