Elizabeth works with clients on the financing and project development of traditional power and renewable energy transactions both in Australia and the UK. She specialises in advising clients on greenfield developments for infrastructure and energy assets as well as acquisitions and divestments of such assets. Her renewable experience includes onshore and offshore wind, solar and biomass projects.
She has acted for both financiers and sponsors on a range of multi-jurisdictional transactions across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Elizabeth also helps clients with limited recourse project financing, acquisition financing, borrowing base lending, as well as public private partnerships in Australia.
Elizabeth has also advised on the financing and refinancing aspects of a number of infrastructure transactions in Australia, including PPPs and toll roads. In addition to her expertise in infrastructure and energy financings, Elizabeth has also worked on oil and resources financings and acquisitions/divestments including a secondment at BP’s Integrated Supply and Trading Team in London during 2012.
Elizabeth is also a member of Herbert Smith Freehills’ Australia/Japan team and is focused on delivering strong outcomes for her Japanese corporates and financiers clients on Australian projects.
She has practised in Melbourne, worked in London for five years and is now based in Sydney.
Elizabeth's experience includes:
- advising the senior lenders in respect of the project financing of the 100 MW greenfield development of the Stage 2 of the Hornsdale Windfarm
- advising on the project financing of four separate greenfield solar development which include large scale solar ARENA grant funding
- advising the sponsors (Masdar, Statkraft and Statoil) on the greenfield development and project financing of the 400MW+ Dudgeon offshore windfarm located off the United Kingdom’s Norfolk coast*
- advising the sponsors on the project development and financing of the Cramlington CHP biomass power plant in Northumberland, England*
- advising the commercial lenders on the acquisition by Vitol & Carlyle of 45% of the German Bayernoil refinery and its related wholesale distribution business and connected borrowing base financing*
*Experience gained at previous law firm