Eliza manages the trade mark portfolios of a range of Australian and multinational clients in a number of industries globally, including retail, fashion, food and beverage, healthcare and government.
Eliza’s experience includes:
- Australian and international trade mark filing and prosecution
- trade mark and domain name disputes and oppositions
- rebranding and clearance advice
- drafting and negotiating worldwide consents and co-existence agreements
- trade mark portfolio management
- advising on intellectual property aspects of due diligence
Eliza has advised on:
- the global rebrand of a large Australian healthcare provider including resolving trade mark disputes arising from the rebrand and developing and implementing a brand protection strategy in Asia
- brand protection and hijacker management strategies in Asia for large Australian based FMCG clients as well as prosecuting trade mark hijackers in China and other jurisdictions
- numerous trade mark oppositions for local and multinational clients including making oral argument in hearing
Eliza has a Bachelor of Laws degree with first class Honours and a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Business. She was admitted as a Victorian solicitor in 2012. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Eliza worked as a recruitment consultant in London.