Elisa is a senior associate in the corporate team of the Tokyo office. She advises Japanese and international clients on their cross-border investments, including M&A and joint ventures, as well as on general corporate and commercial matters. She also has experience of advising on merger control aspects of cross-border transactions.
Elisa has worked as an in-house lawyer while on secondment to the legal department of a major Japanese trading house. She has also previously practised in London and at an international Japanese law firm in Tokyo.
Elisa's experience includes advising:
- Yahoo Japan Corporation on its joint venture with Skyscanner Ltd for the provision of web-based (including mobile) travel information and travel search engine services in Japan
- a Japanese government-private sponsored fund on its joint venture with a Japanese construction company for a communication infrastructure sharing business in Indonesia*
- a Japanese financial services company on its joint venture with a global telecommunications company for an Indian data centre business*
- a Japanese manufacturing company on its acquisition of a German printing ink manufacturer*
- Sumitomo Corporation and Mahindra World City Developers on the competition law aspects of their proposed creation of an offshore joint venture based in India (Mahindra Industrial Park Chennai Limited) as well as on securing Phase I unconditional clearance in the EU
*indicates experience outside of Herbert Smith Freehills
Elisa holds a Master of Arts from the University of Cambridge. She is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Japan.
Elisa was born and raised in the UK and is a native speaker of English and Japanese.