Eliot works on a wide range of commercial disputes and potential disputes, spanning a variety of different sector areas. Many of these disputes involve an international element, and Eliot frequently works cases involving High Court proceedings.
Eliot has experience of complex contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, claims for breaches of directors' duties and civil fraud.
Eliot has particular experience of contentious matters relating to the media industry, having previously worked on secondment at one of the UK's largest television broadcasters, Sky (formerly British Sky Broadcasting). Working on the client side has given Eliot an appreciation of the importance of delivering legal advice in a user-friendly manner which suits the client's needs.
Eliot's experience includes advising:
- Bell Pottinger in relation to an independent investigation into its account for Oakbay, a South African conglomerate
- An international shareholder dispute relating to a business involved in the sale of multimedia and broadcasting rights for live sporting events
- Two Jersey trust companies in Re Edwardian Group Ltd  EWHC 2805 (Ch), a shareholder dispute relating to the Edwardian chain of hotels
- A dispute relating to an online gambling business, involving allegations of breaches of directors' duties and civil fraud
- Advising certain of the former directors of Carillion in relation to all aspects of the insolvency of the Carillion Group including the subsequent Insolvency Service and other investigations and inquiries
Eliot studied law at University of Oxford and graduated in 2013 with a B.A. in jurisprudence with first-class honours.
In 2020, Eliot obtained a Master’s degree in Global and European Law at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona.