Elikem is an English qualified associate who has experience acting for both contractors and employers on international disputes within the MENA region, across the energy, oil & gas and construction and infrastructure sectors. He has also assisted in advising on disputes both in the DIFC and onshore Dubai.
In addition to his work in the MENA region, Elikem has experience in financial services regulation and banking litigation proceedings in England.
Elikem's experience includes advising:
- a well-established special vehicle company in connection with direct cost and disruption claims arising in respect of one of the most complicated and challenging water and power projects in the world
- an international US-based hospitality company on its rights regarding the termination of a management agreement, establishing ownership and protecting its brand reputation
- a high net worth individual in London seated LCIA claims and data subject access requests against DIFC based financial services provider and proprietary investment company involving fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of trust and breach of the DFSA's financial services prohibition
- an insurance underwriter in the aerospace sector in defending ICC arbitral proceedings relating to sums due pursuant to alleged irregularities with the financial accounts
- an international hotel operator on alleged breaches of the management agreement for a renowned hotel in Dubai, and applications for interim relief from the DIFC Courts
- a well-established national cricket board in a highly publicised dispute with the national cricket board of an opposing country regarding the legal enforceability of an MoU
Elikem relocated to Dubai in 2019, having previously trained and practiced in the firm's London offices. He joined the firm as a trainee in 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2019. Elikem holds a Bachelor of Laws from LSE and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from BPP College of Professional Studies Law School in England.